A blog about the road that led us to where we are. And where we are going.

Tuesday 8 February 2011

Back to the 80s

I stumbled across this on youtube recently. Wow does this take me back, it really was a different era. This video for some reason captures the zeitgeist of that era perfectly for me. That and for some bizarre reason one of my earliest memories is of Blockbusters. Anyone remember this show? If you do then you’re old. Just think we only had 4 channels of television back then and none of them ran 24 hours. Four?! No Sky, no Internet, no computer games (not really anyway). What the hell did everyone used to do all day? I suppose the eighties did have some compensations at least, everyone dressed like idiots and listened to excellent music that gave way in the 90s to an entire decade of absolutely terrible music. What else was going on, Maggie was doing her level best to piss off the entire working class and we still had Russia threatening to flatten us on a daily basis. I could go on for ages, oh the good old days it was!

2 comments:

  1. "What the hell did everyone used to do all day?"

    Edit for syntax please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have a 'P' please Bob.
    Use the toilet then.

    ReplyDelete